NEXUS seeks artists in ALL disciplines including but not limited to painting, works on paper, sculpture, installation, performance genres and digital media. NEXUS values artist members who are diverse, dedicated to their art, willing to take risks, and enjoy being part of a community of artists. NEXUS members are given the opportunity to exhibit their work once every two years in solo exhibitions, participate in group exhibitions, curate exhibitions, and to be part of a co-op operated entirely by its members. A complete breakdown of benefits, responsibilities and eligibility are below. Applications are reviewed twice a year by the existing body of NEXUS members. Applications are due May 1. NEXUS membership submissions are now taken online. Send your submission package to email@example.com. Instructions are below.
Solo exhibition every two years
Group member exhibitions
Exchange exhibitions with other galleries
0% commission on sales
Access to exhibition opportunities and calls for entry
Gain experience with gallery preparation and arts administration
Access to funding as a member of a non-profit organization
NEXUS is solely operated by its membership. It is important that all members to be fully active in the operation of the co-op.
Two year membership contract (with the opportunity to extend)
Active involvement on two or more committees
Attendance at membership meetings
Attendance at artist membership reviews
One day a month of gallery staffing
$100 initiation fee
$55 monthly dues
• Applicants cannot be presently enrolled in school and must live within a 50 mile radius of Philadelphia.
1. Artist Information Your full name, address, phone number, email address, web site (if applicable) Place this in the body of your E-Mail message.
2. Cover Letter A brief statement of no more than 250 words summarizing why you are seeking membership at NEXUS and what skills you can offer the co-operative. Place this in the body of your E-Mail message.
3. Artist Statement Describe the nature of your work in no more than 250 words. Place this in the body of your E-Mail message.
4. Current Resume or CV Attach this as a Word or PDF document.
5. Images of Current Work In the body of your message place links to galleries of your work on-line (personal website, flickr, youtube etc...) OR attach no more than 10 JPGs of your work to your submission email. If attaching files, provide an image list as a Word or PDF document.
6. One Professional Letter of Reference Can either be emailed or mailed to the gallery.
7. Two Pieces of Original Art Work. Drop off up to two pieces of original work to the gallery no more than one week prior to the deadline. Applicants whose work requires special viewing, must make arrangements with NEXUS prior to the deadline. NEXUS gallery hours are Wednesday through Sunday 12 to 6 PM.